Microsoft Office 365 is the prominent email application that can be selected by many personal and professional users simultaneously all over the world. MS Outlook stores and saves its all data into PST file format. All the Outlook mailbox data items are such as calendar, email, notes and so on saves in PST data file. But, sometimes users of Outlook wants to import PST file to Office 365 mailbox.
Office 365 is an appropriate email platform, many companies have started moving over to it. It becomes one of the best services facilitated by Microsoft. One can access their data any time from anywhere if they have available an internet service. Due to its advance practicality, users need to import their PST files to MS Office 365 account.
So, we come up with the reliable solution to perform the conversion task to import PST to Office 365 effectively. Before moving forward the first user need to go through the below-listed query that will help to make, a user understand the PST to Office 365 migration procedure properly. The following query is taken from a forum site, have a look:
“A long time ago I was working on MS Outlook on my local machine. But, now I have thought to migrate my PST file into Office 365 mailboxes. I have searched a number of methods, but I was not able to identify an appropriate solution for the same. Moreover, I need to know that is there any way to import PST file to Office 365 mailbox effectively? Any help will truly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.”
Import PST File to Office 365 Mailbox via Network Upload Manually
Using this method such as network upload user can be executed PST to Office 365 migration procedure easily and simply. Afterward, this permits a user or an admin to upload the Outlook PST files above the network. Then, all the PST files are been stored into O365 utilizing MS Office 365 Import service. Therefore, a user must also necessary to download the Azure AzCopy software free utility that will permit to copy PST file to Office 365 account. There are some workarounds that will help a user to perform the conversion task, simply follow all the workarounds in sequence:
Workaround 1: Copy SAS URL & Download Azure Azcopy
- First, you have to sign-in Office 365 utilizing admin username and password to https://protection.office.com/
- Now, go to an option to Security then Compliance Centre after that Data Governance and just hit on “Import”.
- Here, on the “Import” page, select + fresh import job option.
- Provide a name to the PST import job and opt “Next” to move forward.
- In this step, on the Do you want to upload or ship data? display, choose to Upload your data and after that click on the “Next” button.
- Afterwards, from the “Import Data” screen, you have to copy the SAS URL and then hit on “Copy” to the clipboard, then paste and store the data.
- Finally download and install the “Azure Azcopy” utility.
Workaround 2: Import PST File to Office 365 Account
- Primarily, open the command that appears on the local machine.
- After that, go to the directory where the AzCopy.exe utility is downloaded.
- Now, you have to run the listed following command as shown below:
“AzCopy.exe /Source: /Dest: /V: /Y”
Workaround 3: Preview the Report of Uploaded PST Files
- Start with, download the application named as Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer.
- Open the utility and go to “Storage Accounts” and then Connect to Azure storage.
- Now, hit on Use a shared access signature (SAS) URI and connection string option then select the “Next” button to move forward.
- Here, from the “Connection Summary” page, opt “Connect” and then “Storage Accounts” after that (SAS-Attached Services) then Blob Containers and last ingestion data.
- Finally, this step permits to connect all the PST data files.
Workaround 4: Generate PST Import Mapping File
- Initially load a copy of PST Import mapping file i.e.,CSV file
- Afterwards, populate the CSV data file with the needed information
Workaround 5: Form Import Job in MS Office 365
- Firstly, go to the “Import Data” page and provide the settings as shown in the below-listed picture.
- Here, you have to select “Next” and then, upload the CSV file which was generated previously using an option to Select the mapping file.
- Afterwards, hit on “Finish”, now the job is recorded in the page named as Import data to Exchange Online.
- Lastly, select “Refresh” and then update the status, if in case the analysis is already completed, the status is automatically changed to “Analysis completed”.
Effortless Approach to Import PST File to Office 365 Online Mailbox
The above-mentioned method have some constraints that affect the procedure in an effective manner. Furthermore, the discussed workarounds are very lengthy and time-consuming. So, we come up with an effortless and reliable solution such as Office 365 migration tool to import PST to Office 365 user account with Outlook whole data items. Thus, it has a user-friendly and understandable interface even, a novice user can use it without having any external help. Afterward, this utility is capable enough to import Outlook PST to Office 365 mailbox without losing a bit of data of a user. Here, are more advanced features that are equipped by this third-party application. Some of them are listed below:
- Import several PST files to Office 365 user or admin account
- Migrates PST data like: emails, contacts to Office 365 Online
- Allow moving only specify folder using the option to Include folder
- Tool permits transfer selective data using Date Filter option
- Execute Incremental Import from exact PST after first attempt
- Supports all version of Outlook & Windows Operating System
Import PST file to Office 365 mailbox is not that much tough procedure but, the manual approach has some constraints such as it is the time-consuming and hectic procedure for a novice user. Afterward, we discussed an alternate solution i.e; the Office365Import tool to migrate PST file into Office 365 account. With the help of this application, a user can easily and simply import PST to Office 365 user account with all data items of Outlook effectively. Moreover, it totally depends on the user they can opt any one way as per their desire and comfort.
Related Article: Know how to export PST from Office 365 online, click here: https://techatlast.com/backup-office-365-mailbox-to-pst-ediscovery/